Helping You Reach Your Goals in Divorce while Respecting Your Values
For many people going through a divorce, negotiating a divorce settlement agreement or developing one through divorce mediation may be a very good way to resolve their legal issues. For others, divorce litigation may be necessary. My goal as your divorce lawyer is to find the resolution method that best fits your needs.
If you are considering divorce or experiencing another family law dispute, choose an attorney who will strive to help you find the legal solution that fits your goals. Call me today at (810) 220-4200 to arrange your complimentary half-hour consultation. Or, contact me by e-mail and I will be in touch with you promptly.
As a divorce and family law attorney in livingston county Michigan, my primary goal is to help my clients find their own best way to resolve their legal issues.
I understand how stressful it is to deal with family legal issues. I will return your phone calls promptly, virtually always the same day. I will keep you informed and let you know promptly if there are developments.
I believe in being both diligent and aggressive in representing your interests. I don't seek out conflict, but my job is to protect you and your family's interests—both short- and long-term.
I will take the time to listen to your needs, goals and values and explain all possible outcomes. I will protect your rights, goals and future in a wide range of Michigan family law cases and divorce-related issues:
- Marital property division: I am familiar with the equitable division of virtually every type of property, ranging from marital homes and real property to businesses and intellectual property, pensions and benefits, 401(K) plans, IRAs, stock plans, QDROs and military benefits.
- Child custody and parenting time : I provide legal help to parents with child custody and parenting time (sometimes called "visitation") concerns related to divorce as well as those who need enforcement or modification of family court orders.
- Child support: On October 1, 2008, a change to the Michigan child support formula went into effect. I can help you with any child support issues you may have now as well as those arising under the new rules, such as modification of your child support amount.
- Spousal support : I represent women and men alike during the initial determination of temporary or permanent spousal support (alimony) as well as with enforcement and modification.
- Interstate child custody issues: Whether for career, family or economic reasons, a parent may wish to relocate out-of-state. This not only affects parenting time, but can have jurisdictional implications. I am experienced in interstate child custody cases and the Interstate Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (ICCJEA).
- Paternity and parental rights for unmarried parents
- Prenuptial agreements and post nuptial agreements
- Domestic violence and personal protection orders
- Child abuse and neglect
- Termination of parental rights cases
- Infant and step-parent adoption
- Grandparents' rights
Call (810) 220-4200 or
contact me by e-mail
to arrange your free half-hour consultation.
Robert C. Gardella, PLLC
134 North First Street, Suite 201
Brighton, MI 48116-1264
Map and Directions
Phone: (810) 220-4200 | Fax: (810) 225-7730